DJF Computer Tutorials Website

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums Have a question

Forum Home > Help Forums > PS3 Hard Drive Formatting

TracyT

I recently upgrade from a 40gb to a 320gb hard drive on my Playstation 3 and wanted to walk you through it as I found it easier than I thought. First be sure that the new hard drive is a 2.5 SATA hard drive. Most newer laptops use these. Next you will need a usb flash drive (at least 165mb).  Third visit this web site http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm This is the official sony website. There will be explicite instructions on how to download the update needed for the new hard drive. FOLLOW THEM PRECISELY!!! Once you have the download, Carefully replace the old hard drive with the new one. (You want to be sure that you have unplugged the ps3 for at least 6 hours as power will still run through the ps3 and if you don't you will be sorry!!!) Once the new hard drive is in, plug the ps3 in along with the thumb drive that you just downloaded the update on. Power the ps3 on. You will be prompted to connect the ps3 controller to the ps3 via usb. The ps3 will then run you through a few insturctions. Follw them closelyand be sure not to disconnect the power or the flash drive or turn off your console. the screen will guide you through the installation process and eventually fade to black. Press the up button on the controller and continue following the given instructions. It really is about that simple. It will guide you through the personalization and internet settings and tell you how to reset.  Thanks for looking and good luck. If you have any further questions about this just ask.

March 24, 2010 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pierre
This content has been removed due to abuse.
February 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pierre
April 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pierre
July 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pierre
August 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pierre
August 8, 2014 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.